We are looking to partner with various enablers within global social innovation ecosystem including, but not limited to, social innovators, philanthropy organizations, social venture capitalists, angel investors, donors, service providers and corporate foundations, to scale nutritional interventions being developed and tested at Hungry Foal to address nutritional challenges that will benefit base of the pyramid populations across India and the world.
We started with providing healthy & nutritional food products to curb this menace of malnutrition in India. Together, we’ll achieve common vision for all women & children to be free of nutritional deficiencies in all its forms, across the countries which are severally affected by malnutrition.
Source: UNICEF, WHO, World Bank Joint Chart Malnutrition dataset, May 2017 edition.
USD 2bn NUTRITION FOOD & SNACKS MARKET in india growing at a CAGR of at ~ 10 - 12 %
A team of social entrepreneurs ,food, nutrition & bakery experts, plant operators with 25+ years of cumulative exp.
Our cost effectiveness, coupled with high nutritional values, comes from application of advanced food technology.
Up and running with all the requisite machinery having Production Capacity of 25,000 units per day.
- Our approach is akin to Microfinance institutions which cater to a segment hitherto neglected by big financial institution.
- Supplying customised high nutrition products to WHO Partner Research Organizations in India for their clinical trials aimed at pregnant & lactating women and women above 50 years.
- Robust sales & distribution spread across major cities of North India, backed by a network of distributors, wholesalers & retailers.
- 1200% growth in gross sale in FY 2017-18.
- Rich in super ingredients like Oats etc., affordable & cost effective in its class & category.
- Capturing the demand by pursuing DIFFERENTIATION & LOW COST PRODUCTION.
- A Govt of India recognised ‘Start-Up’.
- Products developed in technical collaboration with SINED - TBI, NDRI, Karnal ( India's premier institute in dairy & food research).
- Signed MoU with Govt of Uttar Pradesh to set up 2nd Manufacturing unit in the state.
We secured debt funding ( Term Loan & Cash credit) from State Bank of India under Stand up India Scheme (https://www.standupmitra.in/Home/SUISchemes) of Govt of India. The objective of this scheme is to facilitate collateral free bank loans between Rs 10 lakhs and Rs 1 Crore to at least one women borrower per bank branch for setting up a greenfield enterprise.
We successfully raised pre - Series A Funding from GAIL (India) Ltd under GAIL’s startup initiative ‘Pankh’. The agreements were exchanged at ‘Startup Sangam’ - an event organized by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas in the presence of Shri Dharmendar Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt of India at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi, INDIA.